Saturday, July 5, 2008

Anime I've been watching lately.

Yeah, I like anime...okay, I like it a lot.  I am currently two episodes behind in Bleach...so tired of these damn fillers :(  Just get back to the story already!  Okay, SPOILER WARNING!!!  If you aren't staying current with the show as it airs in Japan, then don't read any further unless you want to find out what happens.







Soooo, why is everyone focusing on this little princess and ignoring Aizen?  Just go kick his ass already!  Enough fillers!  I am getting bored of the show a little bit.  At least the Hueco Mundo ark was interesting, until they decided it wasn't necessary to explain just how the hell they got Orihime back home, and how they rescued the others who had been killed.  Are we supposed to assume that Orihime healed them?  Are we also supposed to believe that none of the other Espada challenged Ichigo?  Bah!  I just hated how they transitioned from one season to the next...well okay, the problem is that there was NO transition; just "POOF!"  and everything is back to normal again.  I'd like to see more Zaraki please :D

Another anime I've been watching lately is Elfen Lied.  Damn, is the gore over the top.  It has been okay so far; not going to be a favorite but I've enjoyed it.  I only have a couple episodes left, so I'm pretty much done with it.  Do not, I repeat, DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN WATCH THIS!  This show has some disturbing images in it.  There is a lot of gore, nudity and swearing.  There is a scene with a 13 year old girl about to be raped by her step-father.  So definitely not for children or those faint of heart.  I wouldn't say this is as explicit or shocking as Speed Grapher, but then again, what the hell is?

Then there is Rurouni Kenshin.  I am on the 7th volume right now.  I really like it for the most part.  Only thing is that someone NEEDS to really sit that Kenshin down and explain that he sounds stupid!  "She's a kind girl, that she is."   ?????  I mean, who talks like that?  He is the only one in the show who adds that extra little annoyance onto the end of his sentences.  Ha, I've been enjoying it though.

There's also Samurai Champloo that I've been watching.  I think I am on Vol. 6 with it, but I could be on 5.  I need to watch some episodes and determine for sure just which one I'm on.

I don't really have much else to say about this.  I just hope Bleach starts getting better, or I'll be going back to watching Inu Yasha for the hundredth time.

No comments: