Friday, August 1, 2008

Jobless and scared to death.

Okay, so maybe my husband isn't "jobless" but his part-time job isn't going to cut it for us. It was Monday that he quit his last job (I am so glad to be rid of that place) and he has had 2 interviews already. One went okay, and the other one sounds like a sure thing. If one can truly count on anything being a sure thing, jobs don't seem to be one of them. Both of those two interviews were today, and the first one was a "we'll call you back for a second interview" and the other one was a "I'll let you know next Tuesday, then we'll start training." I am hopeful, but I refuse to let myself get into it anymore than that. I have gotten my hopes up in the past only to be crushed and upset (house hunting anybody?).

I have to say that having my husband home a couple days has been great. It had been at least a couple years since we had got "bedroom" time during the middle of the day. We got to have a picnic with the girls, which even though it was in our own yard and contained way too much screaming about ants and little bugs, we had fun. He fixed the car during that time too, which I must say it is great to be able to use the driver's window again.

These jobs are promising. We have been sitting at a very crappy $27k a year income for the past couple years (before that it was so bad, I have no idea how we lived). All of the jobs he's been applying for offer $40k-$50K salaries for first year. That's not much to a lot of people, but it's a heck of a lot better than what we are trying to live on now.

I think I am about done writing...have been writing a lot today and my hands are getting tired. Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight. I haven't done that in awhile.

No comments: